Happy new year! I hope you had a great Winter Veil and Christmas and I wish you the best for the new year!
I haven’t had anything to write about lately because I haven’t played very much. The guild decided to take a break till after new year. I’m not sure if I’ll go back to raiding after the holidays because I’m tired of doing the same bosses over and over again. At the moment I’m having trouble finding anything in WoW that I want to do, so I might just have a small break till I find it fun again. I wish Legion was closer. I have played a lot of StarCraft 2 lately which has been very fun and I might try Heroes of the Storm soon.
As usual when a year comes to an end.. The Syrco Owl 2015 in blogging annual report.
Check it out here! Thank you for following me in 2015 and I hope you’ll stick around for 2016.
I’ve already posted my blogging and real life resolutions for the new year. Now it’s time for my WoW resolutions!
- Complete Celestial Tournament Timeless Isle: I still haven’t completed it and I’ve said I would do it so many times already but I kind of hated the Timeless Isle in Mists of Pandaria because I’m on a PvP server and it was horrible. But it’s time to get my butt over there and finally complete it because I think I have the pets for it.
- Do more PvP and rated battlegrounds: I always complained about not having enough time to PvP back when I was a raider, but now when I don’t raid I should have plenty of time to PvP more. I just wish I had a rated battleground team, maybe I know someone who has a team I can join even if it’s just a more casual one.
- Defeat all bosses on normal difficulty or higher: I’m not a raider anymore, but I still want to see all the bosses and defeat them. I’ve already cleared Highmaul normal with a pug and I’ve done some bosses on heroic with some guildies and randoms.
- Get more people from my old guild Ash to join my current guild: I’m currently a social member in Cidien’s guild Quintessence which is a Scandinavian raiding guild on Kazzak. Some of my old guild mates from Ash have already joined but I wish more would join so we could be in the same guild and play more together again.
- Collect more toys: One can never get enough toys! I don’t have that many but there are so many I would like to get my hands on.
- Explore every inch of Draenor: I haven’t really had time to go exploring yet, not the way I used to do in the old world before we could fly there. But I want to run around, climb every mountain and dive into every sea to see if there is anything fun there.
What are your WoW resolutions?
Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful 2014 and I wish you all the best for 2015.
I spent my new years eve at home with my boyfriend. We made a special dinner, drank wine and watched a movie before we went outside around midnight to watch the fireworks. There were so much fireworks! At one point there was so much smoke from it all that we couldn’t see further than 20 meters. Our upstairs neighbors had bought some fireworks and they fired it up right outside our apartment, it was loud and beautiful. I was so surprised the cat didn’t run and hide. She was indoors of course but she’s never been afraid of fireworks and she wasn’t this time either. She sat in the window and looked out most of the time.
Thank you for another great blog year. The annual report from WordPress.com is here! It’s always fun to watch the stats for the previous year to see how many visitors I’ve had and which post has been most popular. Click here to see the complete report.
Madison Square Garden can seat 20,000 people for a concert. This blog was viewed about 67,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Madison Square Garden, it would take about 3 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
I’ve already posted my blogging resolutions for the new year and I’m planning to write a post about my resolutions for WoW, but I thought I’d add some real life resolutions as well. 2014 was a good year, so much changed to the better. We moved to Norway, got jobs and our first apartment together.
My resolutions for this year are:
- Work more: I want to work as much as I can so I can get to know those at work better and become better at my job
- Save money: I want to start saving up some money so we can buy a car or get a loan for a house sometime in the future
- Exercise more: I’m struggling with asthma, back and neck pains and it might help to exercise more because I spend too much time in front of the computer
- Eat healthier: I love food and all things sweet but most of it isn’t very healthy, so I want to explore new and good but healthy food
- Spend more time with friends and family: I want to see them more often, not only when it’s someone’s birthday or during a holiday
How was your new year’s eve? Do you have any resolutions for the new year?
5 Fandom Friday is a community building project created The Nerdy Girlie and SuperSpaceChick. Read more about it and how to join here.
1. Write better posts: I’m always trying to write good and interesting posts.
2. Write more often: I would like to write 2-3 posts per week but sometimes I don’t know what to write about and other times real life is very busy.
3. Comment on other blogs: I haven’t been very good at this lately, but I want to become better at it for next year.
4. Interact more with other bloggers and my followers on Twitter: I used to be very good at this but I can improve. I want to tweet more, retweet and share posts, Follow Friday every Friday etc.
5. Optimize my blog layout and design: I’m actually very happy with my current design but I would like to get a new similar background with the updated character models or just a plain one without any characters. It’s hard to pick a theme to use because I’m never 100% satisfied with it and I can’t change that much when I’m using wordpress.com without the custom design. But I’ve used this theme for a while now and I think it looks pretty good.
What are your new years blogging resolutions?