What items or mementos have you kept (in your toon’s pack or bank) and why? Whether it be keepsakes, quest rewards, special items, random drops, whatever! – why did you decide to hang on to it? What’s its significance to you?
I don’t have that many mementos on my druid because it hasn’t been my main for so long and it’s only one year old. But on my old main the warrior I have plenty. He was my first character and main in TBC and start of WotLK. I collected all fun items I got my hands on and my bank got filled pretty fast. Later I had to delete some gear etc to make space for new items, but there were some special items I didn’t want to delete or throw out; Items from world events, quests and gear.
- Romantic Picnic Basket: This is from the Love is in the Air event. You can buy it from a vendor for 10 Love Tokens. But I got it the first year in a box while doing the quests. This is special to me because it has been used so many times. I’ve had picnic with many good friends all around Azeroth. It brings back so many good memories.
- Brazier of Dancing Flames: This is from the Midsummer event. It’s sold by a vendor for 350 Burning Blossom. What’s fun about this is that you can type /dance when you target it and you transform into a dancing flame draenei. It was really expensive but I love items like this and collect them.
- Brewfest Pony Keg: This is from the Brewfest event. Sold by a vendor for 100 Brewfest prize tokens. You can set it on the ground and people can drink from it. I don’t know how many charges it has or how long it lasts, but you and your friends can get really drunk. It’s fun to put up these three items in raids or just in a city and have fun with friends.
- Archmage Vargoth’s Staff: Quest item from The Archmage’s Staff in Netherstorm. You can summon him anywhere. He reacts to: Slap: Does /no emote. Dance: Laughs. Sexy: Flexes. Wave: Waves back. Point: Does /ponder. Bow: Bows back. In TBC everyone had this item. Was fun to see like 25 Vargoth’s in a raid.
- Blessed Medallion of Karabor: Quest reward from The Fall of the Betrayer. It’s the final part in the Black Temple attunement chain. It teleports you to Black Temple, 15 min CD. Smart if you’re looking for Doomwalker or want to get to Outland fast. It’s also a souvenir from killing Illidan.
- Iron Boot Flask: Transform you to a Iron Dwarf. Bought it from a vendor in the Storm Peaks for 10 relics of Ulduar . Love items like this, and this dwarf looks so funny when they run and dance.
- Commander’s Badge: This is a trinket you can use and a Netherwing whelp will spawn and fight for you. It’s a quest reward from Hail, Commander! on the Netherwing Ledge in Shadowmoon Valley. I’ve never used it in combats but it’s still a fun item and a souvenir from the Netherwing quests.
- Haunted Memento: This item was a drop from mobs under the zombie/scourge invasion which was the Wrath of the Lich King event in the end of Burning Crusade. When you have it in your bags, a ghost will follow you around. It’s unique and no longer obtainable, but not soulbound so you can buy/sell/trade it. I love this item and will never give it away!
- Barov Peasant Caller: This item will call forth 3 servants of the House Barov that will fight, cook and clean for you. I haven’t tested them before, but it summons a tauren, troll and undead. Think it’s a pretty fun item. Reward from The Last Barov.
- Argent War Horn: Another trinket, but this one summons an argent knight. One of my favorites, cause it’s a paladin and it can bubble HS. It’s from the scourge/zombie invasion as the Haunted Memento, bought it from a vendor for 40 Necrotic runes, no longer obtainable.
- Hallowed Helm: Drops from the Headless Horseman summoned in SM during the Hallow’s End event. Looks awesome on my tauren. And reminds me of when I levelet my warrior during Hallow’s End and I got one of those pumpkins you can throw on people’s head.
- X-52 Rocket Helmet: Quest reward from the Netherstorm quest Back to the Chief. It will shoot you into the air.
- Bulwark of the Ancient Kings: Crafted chest, armorsmith/blacksmithing. It costed me so much to craft this and it was really good too cause my tier chest never wanted to drop, so I got this. And I loved the use effect on it which increases your health and strength for 15 sec and it makes you big and glowing. You can use it together with other growing buffs and then a mount which makes you gigantic.
- Bloodsail Admiral outfit: You get this with the Bloodsail Admiral title when you become friendly with the pirates.
- Gladiator set with Amani Mask of Death: This is the Arena Season 1 set. I worked so hard to get enough honor to buy the gladiator set on level 70. Had it ready in my bags when I dinged, was so proud of it. Got the swords later. The head is from the vendor in Shattrath, costs 75 badges of justice. I bought it cause it was good and for the funny look. Some people hated it, I loved it.
- T6: When I leveled my warrior I saw a warrior in Orgrimmar with T6, from then my goal was to get T6 too, and I did, so of course I had to keep it. Looks so awesome on male tauren. The weapons are from the badge vendor on Isle of Quel’danas added in the Fury of the Sunwell patch. I saved all my emblems for months to buy them and was ready by the vendor the day it came, so was everyone else and it was not possible to click the vendor.
- Spring outfit: Male tauren in a dress with flowers and a basket of eggs. Sold by a vendor during the event Noble Garden.
- The Horseman’s Helm and Blade: Let the horseman laugh through you, summon pumpkin soldiers to burn your foes. I wanted these items from the moment I saw them. The helm’s evil grin.
So these are the most special items I have, they are items that I’ve worked hard for, or just fun items I keep for entertainment. WordPress won’t let me link tooltips from Wowhead, or at least I can’t figure out how to do it.
Here is a video showing a few items: