I’m impressed with the progress we’ve had in the guild this month in Fluffy Kittens of Doom. We have killed three new heroic bosses in 9 days and we had a fourth one, Mannoroth on 1% last raid. Xhul’horac took a while to master because we didn’t have enough space on the platform by the time we got to the final phase. After a while we found a tactic that worked for us and we got control of the final phase, then it was a kill and we one-shotted him the week after. Socrethar the Eternal and Tyrant Velhari were the two other bosses we got down last week. They didn’t take us that long but I’m not sure how easily they will go down next reset.
Other bosses we still struggled with sometimes are Fel Lord Zakuun and Shadow-Lord Iskar. Sometimes they go down easily, other times they take us a while. It depends a lot on our raid setup because our raid group is usually very small, like 10-15 people, and sometimes one of our best damage dealers have to off tank because we don’t have a second tank, so we lose some damage there. We also got a bunch of new people who are trying to learn the bosses and gearing up, so we can’t expect so much from them yet.
Hopefully all the bosses up to Mannoroth will go down easily next reset so we can kill Mannoroth himself.
By the way.. We are looking for more people to join our guild and raids. So if you understand Norwegian, play Horde, preferably on Stormscale (EU) and got around 680-700 item level, then you’re welcome to join us.
We’re still raiding with the guild Fluffy Kittens of Doom from Stormscale EU. Our progress is currently 6/13 in Hellfire Citadel Heroic and we killed Archimonde on normal for the first time this week. He was a lot easier after the nerf, but we still felt like we had to invite some randoms because we read that he’s easier with more people and we only had like 10-15 from the guild/friends.
I never thought I’d go back to raiding but what’s great about this guild is that it’s very casual so I don’t have to worry about missing a few every now and then. So we have decided to move some of our characters to Stormscale to join the guild. Till now we’ve just raided with them cross realm but we would like to be in the guild.
It’s a Norwegian guild with some Swedes, 3 raids per week but no attendance requirements. New members are welcome :)
Yet.. But I will be! There is just so much to do before the release of Warlord of Draenor. I’ve been trying to get an overview of everything I have to do. From things I want to complete in game to things I need to do in real life.
I’m not in the beta, yet, which feels kind of strange because I’ve been in every beta since I started playing in The Burning Crusade. So I have chosen not to read so much about the expansion and not watch any streams or videos of the game. Of course I read some news about it like the new race models, which I can’t wait to see for myself in game, and I’ve read a bit about garrisons and the different zones. I might read up on the class changes of the classes I play the most, resto shaman and balance druid, but I don’t want to know the dungeons, quests, raids because I don’t want to spoil anything, I want to be able to explore the world for myself because I think it’s much more fun, either now in the beta or when it all goes live.
I was at work when they released the cinematic and announced the release date, so I had to stay off Twitter and Facebook till I got home because my boyfriend and I had decided to wait and watch the cinematic together. But he had accidentally seen the release date and he told me to guess. I guessed November and after BlizzCon but I had to guess many times untill I guessed the correct date. November 13! My birthday! Who would have thought. This is the second time they release an expansion on my birthday. It doesn’t really change anything, it’s just a bit fun. But I expect you all to remember to congratulate me on my birthday! Haha! Nah, don’t worry.
- Buy a new computer
- My two-year old Asus G74S laptop is still causing problems and it can be really annoying sometimes. It runs games like WoW and Diablo 3 on high settings without problems, it’s just that sometimes the screen freeze and I have to press the on/off button to reboot. This happens most often after exiting a game, when I tab out from a game or when I just surf the internet. I can’t live with this problem anymore, so I have to send it in for repair and because it might take a while to get it back and I’ve been wanting a new and better computer for a while, I might just as well upgrade for the new expansion. I’m not sure which computer to buy yet or how much I should spend on it. I don’t know much about computers either, what’s good and what’s not, what’s worth putting some extra money into etc. I might just choose one that looks good from Komplett.no because it’s easy and they build it for you. Advise and tips are welcome.
- Fix our gaming room
- We have a gaming room for our desks and computers and we’re planning to buy a new large desk that fits both the computers instead of two small desks as we have now. Some storage space would be great so we might buy a few bookcases. Another thing we need in our gaming room are blackout curtains because the sun shines directly on the computer screens around midday. It would also be great with something on the walls, which are white. Maybe some framed posters from our favorite games, movies or TV shows.
- Work, money, bills and a clean apartment
- I want to work a lot before WoD release and save up money so I don’t have to worry about money and work on the release weekend. And I like everything to be done and finished so I can enjoy the expansion and play all weekend if I want to, so I’ll see that all the bills are paid, the fridge is full and the apartment is clean.
- Pick a date to celebrate my birthday
- I want to celebrate my birthday this year because I haven’t done it in a long time. It won’t be a big party or anything but of course I want my friends and family to able to come, so I have to choose a date that people actually got time. Maybe the Sunday that weekend would fit, because then we’ve had time to play, hopefully we’re level 100 by then.
- Clean up in banks, bags and void storage
- I can’t remember the last time I cleaned my bags and banks, so it’s about time. I’ve got so much stuff taking up space. A lot of transmog gear, pieces of old gear which I don’t even like the look of, things I should sell and things I should go through and store in my bank characters guild bank.
- Find a guild that fits us and our goals inWoD
- My boyfriend and I have discussed it and we would like to raid very casual and in a Scandinavian guild. Normal raids 1-2 times per week in flexible group. It can be an alt raid but we’ll be on our mains. They don’t have to be extremely good but we still want a group that gets through the bosses without too many problems, don’t want to be stuck on the same boss for many hours because some people can’t press the right buttons. It would also be fun if they wanted to progress to a higher difficulty if we beat the easiest one. But we don’t want a raider rank because we won’t always be able to raid because of work etc. We’re actually social in a Scandinavian guild on Kazzak, but I don’t know yet if that’s the guild for us.
- Decide which race I want to be
- I was really looking forward to the updated troll model but when I first saw it I was exactly impressed. I hoped to see something great, more changes to the faces and especially the feet which I find very gross. All the other new race models look amazing, but troll disappointed me. Maybe I had too high expectations. I will check it out on the PTR first and when the patch goes live and then decide, but right now I’m leaning towards race changing to a tauren. I was a tauren before troll, so it won’t be weird, I’ve always loved the tauren.
- Transfer my druid
- Syrco is still stuck on Tarren Mill after we transfered last year to join a guild which later disbanded. So I need to transfer back to Kazzak where I have most of my characters.
- Complete challenge modes
- I’ve never done a single challenge mode. Mostly because I at first didn’t have much time to spare for it and later because I never found a group and then I kind of gave up on it and forgot about it, until Blizzard announced that they’ll be removing the rewards you get from completing them. I would love to get the transmog gear set for my druid and maybe my shaman. But I don’t know anyone who still do challenge modes so I might have to buy a boost.
- Level alts
- I have a few alts I would like to get to level 90 before WoD.
- Choose which character to boost to 90
- I haven’t decided which character to boost yet. To be honest, I don’t really want a boost and I dislike that the expansion costs more because of the free boost, which I don’t need, still I have to pay for it to get the expansion, there is no way around. So I might as well use the boost, but don’t know on which character. I might save it and use it if I suddenly decide I want to play on a different realm, maybe as Alliance and I don’t want to move one of my current characters.
- Pet battles: Celestial Tournament
- I really want to win this tournament! I have tried it before but I didn’t have enough pets or the right pets to win it. But I’ve got plenty of new pets since then so I might have a better shot at it now.
- Collect a full set of enhancement gear on my Horde shaman Tojo
- I’ve really started to enjoy enhancement after leveling an Alliance enhancement shaman and I’ve never really liked elemental. My Horde shaman Tojo is restoration as main spec and I don’t have any dps gear at all. I’ve been using my restoration gear in elemental spec when needed but I would like to collect a full set of enhancement gear so I can dps as enhancement if needed or for soloing in Warlords of Draenor. So I’ve already started gathering a few pieces of gear in Looking For Raid but I still need a lot.
- Complete the legendary cloak quest chain on my Horde shaman Tojo
- I’m so thankful for the Gaze of the Black Prince buff! I was stuck on the Secrets of the Empire quest for a long time because I wasn’t sure if I bothered to finish the quests, but I decided I wanted to do it because there aren’t so many quests left until I actually get the cloak. I just finished collecting the Secrets, did the solo scenario and Nalak. Now I’m on the Echoes of the Titans quest where I have to collect 12 Titan Runestones. Hopefully I’ll finish it next reset.
Looks like I have a lot to do before the release, and I bet there is more I want to do, so I might add more to the list later.
After many months without a guild, my boyfriend and I decided to blow the dust of old Ash and make it into a social/casual guild. Most people left Ash after we stopped raiding last year, but many still got their alts there. Our mains are still stuck on Tarren Mill and Ash is on Kazzak, so we have our alts there which we play more than our mains at the moment. The game kinda stopped being fun when we stopped raiding in Ash and everyone left and it hasn’t been very fun since then. So we thought it would be a good idea to try to get something going in Ash again. We hope old Ash players who don’t have a lot of time to raid anymore will come back and join us, but we’re also looking for new players who wants to raid more casual flex or just be in a Scandinavian social guild.
Several old Ash players thought it was a great idea but most of them raid with their main in another guild so it’s not easy to find a day which is good for everyone. But we also got some old players who don’t raid anymore interested, so hopefully they’ll come back and join us soon. We’ve invited a few new players none of us know, most of them don’t have good enough gear to do the last part in flex and some of them don’t have a lot of experience, but they’re all really nice people and I hope they want to stay in the guild so we can continue to grow.
Our goal right now is to get more people who like our idea which is a Scandinavian social guild where you can play casual and still see the content through flex raids, called normal in Warlords of Draenor, and find other Scandinavian players to play with. There won’t be any raid attendance requirements, so people don’t have to worry about missing raids or feel like they have to play if they want to do something else. People are free to arrange other raids, PvP and whatever they want and when they want. We still got our website and a ventrilo server which we’ll use, and we’ve fixed the guildbank so people can both give and take a small amount of items each day.
I don’t know if this idea will succeed but I hope so, because we don’t have anything else. But I still don’t feel like putting all of my energy into it, after all the time I’ve spent fixing, thinking and worrying, and then get disappointed and sad when it doesn’t work out the way I hoped. So I hope we’ll find more people who want to help us run this and it’ll become easier for us all.
You’re welcome to join if you got a character on Kazzak. Sadly our requirement is that you understand Norwegian and Swedish, and can communicate in one of those languages as we’re a Scandinavian guild and most of our members are Norwegian or Swedish. I think we got a few Danes, but none of them are very active at the moment.
Anyone of you got experience from running a guild? Maybe a social or casual guild? Would love some tips or just your thoughts.
This week’s shared topic on Blog Azeroth comes from Amerence who writes
I know we heard the word “Throwback” many times around the net, but as part of World of warcraft expansions. I want to know what is the best expansion in game that really highlights a lot of your accomplishments in game especially that the new upcoming expansion is coming its nice to look back it could be the one when you started playing with your main character, getting a cool mount, being in a great guild, or your very first screenshot in game if you still have it or being in PvP battlegrounds or Arenas, even your raiding experiences back in BC or PRE-BC, Cataclysm, etc. You can be creative how you want to do this it could be storyline, poem, screenshots up to you it is pretty much a throwback experiences you can share to everyone.
It’s hard to pick one expansion because I’ve so many great memories from all of them.
The Burning Crusade was when I first started playing this game. I created my first character which was my main for a long time. Everything was new and amazing. I spent hours just exploring and looking at everything. I’m sure I was a complete noob back then, but I had so much fun. TBC was also when I first met my friends from Ash and joined them as social for the first time.
Wrath of the Lich King was when I rerolled moonkin and leveled my shaman. The guild I was in back then wasn’t the friendliest, but it was ok and I still enjoyed raiding with them in Ulduar, one of my favorite raids, and Icecrown Citadel. One of my favorite memories from WotLK was actually late in the expansion when I left my guild and joined Ash, the same guild I was social in back in TBC. It was so great to be back there, catch up, get to know a lot of new people, it was a real community and I’ve never felt more at home in a guild before or after.
Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria were also great expansions, mostly because of Ash and the amazing people in the guild. We weren’t always the best guild with the best progress and best players, but we were still one of the most social and friendly guilds and I’m sure almost everyone who’s ever been in the guild agree with me.
Ash, Big Love <3