It’s patch day in EU!
Patch 6.1 is Warlords of Draenor’s first major patch. There are many changes and updates in this patch. You can read all the patch notes and find useful guides on Wowhead. I didn’t play 6.1 on the PTR but I read the patch notes so there were many things to look forward to. I didn’t have work today so I was ready to log in when the servers came up.
The first thing I did was to log on to all of my characters to add my heirlooms to the new heirlooms tab. I’m so happy we finally got this tab because I’ve bought some heirlooms several times because they have “disappeared” which means I’ve most likely sent them from one alt to another and then forgot the items in the mailbox for a month or how long it takes for the item to be sent back and then disappearing. This new heirloom tab will make it so much easier. Had more than 35 heirlooms so I got my Chauffeured Chopper!
Then I upgraded my followers to 675 item level to unlock the Blackrock Foundry mission and get 100% chance on it. Completed it and got a nice trinket.
I was a little disappointed with the garrison visitors. Looked forward to upgrading my gear to max item level but the traders I needed weren’t available today, so I have to wait for them and hopefully it won’t take too long before they decide to visit. I only have two level 100 characters with level 3 garrison, so I might have to visit a friend’s garrison if I’m unlucky with my visitors. But I got a quest from Harrison Jones which I completed to unlock the same quest as a mission for my followers, so now I only need 5 more quests to unlock Harrison Jones as a follower!
What I looked forward to the most was the garrison music box! My very own jukebox which can play some of my favorite pieces of music from World of Warcraft, like Lament of the Highborne, Totems of the Grizzlemaw, Invincible, Legends of Azeroth and the Faerie Dragon song. I don’t have all of those tracks yet, but I’ll take a trip around Azeroth to collect them as soon as I can. Read more about the music box in this guide.
I don’t have the S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera yet, but I will definitely let you know when I got it because I’m excited to try out this new method of taking pictures in-game.
The Twitter integration was also something I was excited to see in-game. I like to tweet about what I do in WoW for example a screenshot of what I’m doing, maybe show off a new mount, an achievement or just write a short Tweet to my followers. All this will be so much easier now cause you can do it in-game! Read more about it in this guide.
I read that “Ashran’s queuing system received substantial changes to reduce wait times” so I’m looking forward to seeing if the wait time is shorter now because it wasn’t fun to be stuck in queue for several hours.
There are also some updates and changes to druids and the balance druid changes are of course those I’m most interesting in.
- Cosmetic transformations that alter the character’s appearance now have a higher priority than Druid combat forms. This means Druids can keep a transformation while shapeshifted.
- Many druid shapeshift forms now have attachment points on the head and back for cosmetic toy effects such as Blazing Wings or Pepe. Additional shapeshift forms may receive attachment points in the future.
- The PvP gear for Balance Druids have received some changes to the 2 and 4 set bonus.
- 2 set bonus now has a visual effect to indicate when the we’re unable to generate a Starsurge charge from Entangling Roots
- 4 set bonus has been redesigned: When Starsurge hits a player, the cast time of Starfire is reduced by 30%, and the damage of Wrath is increased by 30% for 6 seconds
- Force of Nature’s Treants has been buffed with a 35% increase to their health and spellpower, and an 80% increase to their armor and attack power.
- Renewal now instantly heals for 30% of max health (up from 22%).
- Stellar Flare (Balance) damage has been increased by 16%, and now has a duration of 24 seconds (up from 20 seconds).
- Moonfire‘s mana cost has been reduced by 55%.
- Balance Druids now learn a new passive ability at level 38, Nature’s Bounty.
- Starfall damage decreased by 16.6%.
- Starfall and Sunfall now only hits targets affected with Moonfire or Sunfire by default.
- Glyph of Guided Stars has been renamed to Glyph of Untamed Stars and is now a Minor glyph. Glyph of Untamed Stars expands Starfall and Sunfall to hit all targets within range.
- Displacer Beast is now classified as an Arcane School ability and can no longer be used while silenced.
Will spend the next few days and this weekend to explore the rest of the new stuff and changes we got today.
What were you most excited to see in this patch?