The Liebster Award is back! It’s been almost a year since I was nominated for the first time and wrote my first Liebster post which you can find here.
This time I’ve been nominated by Dragonray of Azerothian Life.
About the Liebster Award
General info (from Wording Well)
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: Dearest, darling, beloved, sweetheart
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work)
- The choice lies within each of us to accept it, and continue paying it forward or to refuse to accept it, thereby stopping or interrupting the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”
- Write a blog post about the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer the eleven questions that the blogger who nominated you gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate five blogs that you think deserve the award
- Create eleven questions for them to answer
- List the rules in your post
- Inform the bloggers that they’ve been nominated and provide them the link to your post
Questions from Dragonray
1. If you could live anywhere in the world would it be where you are now, if not where?
I don’t want to move away from my family and friends here in Norway but it I could move and they would follow so I didn’t have to worry about that, then I would probably move to California or Sydney because I’m tired of the cold weather we got here and I would like to live someplace where it’s warmer all year around. Also the language wouldn’t be a problem because they speak English and I think there are more school and work opportunities there than here.
2. What do you order for your last meal, which can consist of any food you want?
Pinnekjøtt with puréed swede (rutabaga) and potatoes! Norwegian Christmas dinner!
3. Do you prefer chocolate, vanilla or strawberry?
Chocolate, can’t live without it!
4. You are stuck in a burning building, do you save your friend or the 1000 strangers?
If I was stuck in a burning building for real and I knew my friend was there somewhere, I would definitely go looking for him/her. But I would of course try to save as many strangers as I could while looking for my friend, and if I saved my friend and I could still save more strangers, then I would do that.
5. What do you do outside of Azeroth to relax?
I like to watch TV series and movies.
6. If you could live in any area of the game where would it be?
It’s hard to pick one place cause there are so many great ones. But maybe Mulgore and Thunder Bluff because I’ve always loved the taurens because they are so peaceful and kind.
7. What profession would you learn in real life from the game and why?
Maybe tailoring because then I could make my own clothes.
8. Who would you want to meet that is currently alive and why?
I want to meet my family from my father’s side, they live in Australia and the Philippines and I’ve never met them.
9. Is there anyone you have grown apart from that you regret?
Yes, a friend. We met when we started school and were best friends till she moved away, we try to keep in touch but it’s hard cause we don’t have a lot in common any more except for the fact that we used to be best friends when we grew up.
10. What is one of your current goals for this year?
Exercise more because I want to get rid of my asthma and get in better shape.
11. Are you excited about Blizzcon being announced? What news do you want to hear?
Yes, I wish I were going because I’ve never been to BlizzCon but I’ll buy the virtual ticket as I do every year. I want news about the Warcraft movie and the next WoW expansion.
11 random facts about me
- I love to read books and I’m currently reading A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance with Dragons
- I work at a day care
- I have never smoked a cigarette or used snus
- I almost never speak English so I might be terrible at it
- I wish I was better at drawing and painting
- I’ve never broken any bones
- I’m very interested in astronomy
- I love sushi
- I don’t like to spend money
- I could never live my whole life in the city in an apartment because I’m used to having more space and a garden so I want my own house with a big garden and not too close to the neighbors
- One of the things I hate most in the world is cruelty to animals
I nominate these blogs
My questions for them
- Why did you start this blog?
- What is your favorite thing to do in WoW at the moment?
- Name three bands/singers that would be in your dream festival lineup?
- Where do you find inspiration for the names of your WoW characters?
- Which place in the world do you have to visit before you die and why?
- What are your hobbies (aside from blogging and WoW)?
- What would you like to see in a future WoW expansion?
- Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
- Would you/do you play WoW with your children? Why/why not?
- What is one of your current goals for this year?
- If you could have a WoW NPC named after you, what kind of NPC would it be and what would it say/do?