We don’t know yet when Warlords of Draenor will release. The alpha has just started and I don’t think it will go into beta yet, maybe in June. For a while now I’ve been thinking it will release in October or November. But BlizzCon 2014 was just announced for November 7 -8, so I think it will release a few weeks after BlizzCon or at least a month before BlizzCon. But again, as it’s still only in alpha I doubt it’ll be ready for release as early as October.
It has already been seven months since we got the Siege of Orgrimmar patch and if the expansions is released in November, then it will be 14 months without any new content. I think something went wrong in Blizzards planning. Maybe they released the patches too soon or maybe they encountered a problem which caused the delay of Warlords of Draenor. Because I don’t think they would let us wait this long for new content on purpose.
I’m not complaining about the wait because I believe it was not intended to be such a long wait and then something happened. I want Blizzard to take the time they need to make the expansions as good as it can be. I hope they don’t listen to those who rage on the forums because we haven’t seen a release date yet. I don’t want them to rush the alpha and beta, but take their time so everything works as good as possible at release. It will be worth the wait.
It feels like most guilds have already done what they can in Siege of Orgrimmar. People have already got the best gear they can, either it be in PvE, PvP or both. Most people are just waiting and many have already found something to do while waiting like leveling an alt, gearing up an old character, completing achievements and so on. Some people might even be finished with what they had planned to do while waiting for Warlords of Draenor and now they have to find more things to do while waiting. It feels like some people are running out of things to do in the game and therefore cancelling their subscription until Warlords of Draenor.
For me there will always be something to do in the game. My problem is that I don’t feel like playing as much as I did before. I used to play a lot as I’ve raided several days every week since I started playing back in the Burning Crusade. After losing my guild last year, not finding a new guild to call home, combined with the long wait for new content and a lot to do in real life might have left me a little burned out. I do log in sometimes in the evenings to do some battlegrounds or whatever I feel like, mostly just to check what’s going on, but there is never a lot happening. But I don’t want to cancel my subscription because it’s fun to be able to play once in a while when I really want to, but it’s good that I don’t have to log in and play if I don’t feel like it.
I hope to find a new guild with a friendly and social community who shares some of the same goals that I have for Warlords, because I would love to get to know some new people, find someone to raid with once or twice per week, maybe do some rated battlegrounds and normal battlegrounds. I will definitely play when Warlords of Draenor is released because I’m very excited to explore the new (old) world of Draenor, learn more about the warlords and see what’s in store for us there.
I know some of you out there are trying to come up with things to do while waiting for Warlords of Draenor, so I would like to share this list with you. Maybe you’ll get some ideas for what you could do, whether you’re to trying to prepare yourself for the expansions or just looking for something fun to do to pass time.
What to do while waiting for Warlords of Draenor
- Find a group who does raids every week either it be flex, normal or heroic
- Level an alt, level through questing in a zone you don’t usually play in, or maybe on a new realm or try a new faction
- Gather transmog gear through old raids, dungeons or purchase for Justice/Valor/Honor points
- Skill up all professions
- Clean your bank/bags/void storage
- Special achievement you’ve always wanted? Do it now
- Achievements you never finished? Do them now
- Get the Challenge Mode transmog set/mounts before it’s too late
- You’re a PvEer? Try PvP!
- You’re a PvPer? Try PvE!
- Complete the Celestial pet challenge on Timeless Isle
- Create new transmogs for all of your characters
- Take a small break from WoW and play Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
- Finish that quest for the legendary cloak on your alt
- Thinking about rerolling in Warlords of Draenor? Play your different characters now to figure out which you would like to play then.
- Got a friend who might want to start playing WoW? Recruit him/her and play together, maybe level a character together.
- Try getting that mount you’ve always wanted
- Visit some of these interesting places
- Play and test the beta when it’s out and if you get into it
- Start a WoW blog if you don’t already got one and write about your characters and adventures in the game
- Already got a blog? Finish some of those drafts, maybe? Or write about what you’re doing while waiting for Warlords of Draenor and what you’re looking forward to
I’m sure there are plenty of other things you could do, but this is what I could come up with right now. Let me know in the comments if there is anything you would like me to add.
I’m also wondering, what are you doing while waiting for Warlords of Draenor?