Balance – Increases the bonus damage from Eclipse by 12%. Damage increased further by mastery rating.
This was announced by Blizzard some days ago, but I haven’t seen much talk about it yet, at least not on MMO-Champion. Only a thread about some people whining about it being a bad mastery for PvP moonkins, but I thought eclipse wasn’t much used in PvP and their specs. But now as they’re changing eclipse to be a core mechanic you don’t have to spec for it and you will get eclipse sooner or later when casting arcane/nature spells.
We don’t know much about how this mastery will work yet in PvP and I don’t PvP much at all so I have no idea, I just know it’s a good mastery for PvE moonkins and I’m looking forward to test it.
The eclipse changes
We are moving Eclipse from a talent into a core mechanic of the class and making it less random. Balance druids will have a new UI element that shows a sun and a moon. Whenever they cast an Arcane spell, it will move the UI closer to the sun, and buff their Nature damage. Whenever they cast a Nature spell, it will move the UI closer to the moon, and buff their Arcane damage. The gameplay intention is to alternate Arcane and Nature spells (largely Starfire and Wrath) to maintain the balance.
Spell changes, not confirmed by Blizzard
- Starsurge now also generates 10 Lunar or Solar energy.
- Wrath of Cenarius is now named Lunar Shower.
- Lunar Guidance now generates an additional 2/4/6 Lunar or Solar Energy. (Down from 5/10/15)
- Moonkin Form now increases spell haste by 5%. (Old – Spell crit)
- Genesis now increases the damage and healing done by your periodic spell damage and healing effects and by Swiftmend by 2/4/6%. (Up from 1/2/3%)
- Nature’s Grace now has a 100% proc rate for all ranks. increasing your spell casting speed by 5/10/15% for 3 sec.
So they changed the 5% crit to 5% haste. So now we’ll bring the same buff as shamans, shadow priests and destro warlocks. Will that make it harder for us to get raid spots? I hope of course they will take us for our damage, not only buffs. But I remember in my last guild we always had a shaman and a shadow priest, and for the 5% crit we had fury warrior and feral druid. We didn’t have any elemental shaman and very rarely a destro warlock. But we had 1-2 moonkins, for buffs and damage, but that was then. So will a raid like that drop to take a moonkin cause they can take other classes? I mean, if the moonkin does low damage, or the raid leader is a weirdo. I remember them asking me “Why take a moonkin when we already have other classes who give all the buffs moonkin gives?”, I just turn it the other way “Why take all the other classes when you can have ONE moonkin who gives all the buffs?”.
- 5% spell haste: Balance druid, shaman, shadow priest, destro warlock.
- 5% stats: Druid, paladin.
- 12% armor debuff: Druid, warrior, rogue, hunter
- 8% spell damage taken: Balance druid, warlock, unholy death knight, assassination rogue.
No other class can do it. And you get a combat ress, Thorns on tanks, strong AoE and single target damage.
Armor specializations relevant to druids
- Cloth Specialization – Increases your Intellect by 5% while wearing only Cloth armor.
- Wild Leather Specialization – Increases your Stamina in Bear Form by 5% while wearing only Leather armor.
- Wild Leather Specialization – Increases your Agility in Cat Form by 5% while wearing only Leather armor.
- Astral Leather Specialization – Increases your Intellect by 5% while wearing only Leather armor.
I heard they’ll make better leather gear so moonkins don’t have to take cloth items anymore, so the new leather items will be BiS instead of cloth as it has been for a very long time now cause they give spell power, crit and haste as we want and not many leather items got. But I also read that balance druids and elemental shamans still will share gear with resto shamans and druids, and that gear will have spirit cause it’s healing gear. Like spirit and crit, spirit and haste. So we have to mix that gear or still wear cloth with crit AND haste? Cause spirit won’t give spell power but hit, and we still need haste and crit. But if we in some way can only take leather or cloth items, we will get 5% intellect which gives spell power, a nice bonus.
I want to know more about this, so if anyone knows – contact me.