Updated list here
So I got inspired by Saz who made a list of enhancement shaman gear and decided to spend some time in the beta and then create my own list of balance druid gear.
This is a list of pre-raid gear for level 90 balance druids but it might also work well for restoration druids and mistweaver monks as they use the same gear.
It’s still work in progress, so I will update it if anything changes or if there is more to add.
- Chest - Vestment of the Ascendant Tribe - 2250 Justice Points
- Cloak – Cloak of the Ancient Curses – 1250 Justice Points
- Cloak - Pressed Flower Cloak - 1250 Justice Points
- Boots - Boots of the High Adept - 1750 Valor Points
- Gloves - Ogo’s Elder Gloves - 1750 Valor Points
- Bracers - Clever Ashyo’s Armbands - 1250 Valor Points
- Ring - Etched Golden Loop - 1250 Justice Points
- Ring - Sorcerer-King’s Seal - 1250 Justice Points
- Legs - Brambleguard Leggings - 2250 Justice Points
- Cloak - Cloak of Snow Blossoms - 1250 Valor Points
- Cloak - Sagewhisper’s Wrap - 1250 Valor Points
- Trinket - Scroll of Revered Ancestors- 1750 Valor Points
- Trinket - Blossom of Pure Snow - 1750 Valor Points
- Head – Snowdrift Helm - 2250 Valor Points
- Bracers - Sudden Insight Bracers - 1250 Justice Points
- Legs - Wind-Reaver Greaves - 2250 Valor Points
- Neck - Wire of the Wakener - 1250 Valor Points
- Neck – Links of the Lucid - 1250 Valor Points
- Belt - Klaxxi Lash of the Harbinger - 1750Valor Points
- Neck - Necklace of Jade Pearls - 1250 Justice Points
- Gloves - Wandering Friar’s Gloves - 1750 Justice Points
- Neck - Pendant of Endless Inquisition - 1250 Justice Points
- Ring - Simple Harmonius Ring – 1250 Valor Points
- Ring - Leven’s Circle of Hope – 1250 Valor Points
- Shoulders - Whitepetal Shouldergarb – 1750 Valor Points
- Chest - Mistfall Robes – 2250 Valor Points
- Neck - Pendant of Precise Timing - Saboteur Kip’tilak
- Boots - Airstream Treads - Striker Ga’dok
- Trinket - Vision of the Predator - Striker Ga’dok
- Ring - Viscous Ring - Commander Ri’mok
- Mace - Carapace Breaker – Raigonn
- Belt - Hurricane Belt - Trial of the King
- Cloak - Cloak of Cleansing Flame - Gekkan
- Dagger - Firescribe Dagger - Xin the Weaponmaster
- Ring - Beastbinder Ring - Houndmaster Braun
- Neck - Temperature-Sensing Necklace - Flameweaver Koegler
- Dagger - Melted Hypnotic Blade - Flameweaver Koegler
- Gloves - Vellum-Ripper Gloves - Flameweaver Koegler
- Ring - Vithrak, Gaze of the Deadman - Flameweaver Koegler
- Ring – Tribune Signet - High Inquisitor Whitemane
- Shoulders – Incarnadine Scarlet Spaulders - High Inquisitor Whitemane
- Staff – Greatstaff of Righteousness - High Inquisitor Whitemane
- Neck - Anarchist’s Pendant - Instructor Chillheart
- Bracers - Star Summoner Bracers - Gu Cloudstrike
- Ring - Eye of the Tornado - Master Snowdrift
- Neck - Necklace of Disorientation - Sha of Violence
- Ring - Ring of Malice - Taran Zhu
- Legs - Darkbinder Leggings - Taran Zhu
- Off-hand - Bottle of Potent Potables - Hoptallus
- Cloak - Cloak of Hidden Flasks - Hoptallus
- Staff - Wort Stirring Rod - Yan-Zhu the Uncasked
- Ring - Alemental Seal - Yan-Zhu the Uncasked
- Legs - Leggings of Whispered Dreams - Lorewalker Stonestep
- Cloak - Cape of Entanglement - Liu Flameheart
- Mace - Je’lyu, Spirit of the Serpent - Sha of Doubt
- Staff - Staff of Trembling Will - Sha of Doubt
- Chest - Chestguard of Despair - Sha of Doubt
- Neck - Mindbreaker Pendant - Sha of Doubt
I got into the beta in the third wave, I think, I don’t really remember. I downloaded the client, copied over a character and started leveling a monk. But that was weeks ago. I haven’t had much time to play anything at all. There has been so much going on in real life, and when I had time to sit down and play, I got WoW errors all the time, but hopefully it’s a bit more stable by now.
I think I’ll have more time to test this weekend. But don’t think I’ll write that much about the druid changes as most of you have read about it on other blogs and websites, unless there is something I want to give my opinion on etc. If you’re looking for bloggers who are more into theorycrafting and testing like that, you should check out Restokin and Sunfyre’s Nest.
- Blizzard wants a wide variety of testers: varied computer systems, locations, play experience, and game interest
- A veteran player isn’t necessary a better beta tester than a new player. Introducing previously uninvolved testers with fresh perspective may help identify new bugs.
- The beta is not a demo to complete content before anyone else.
- Keep in mind that it’s a beta and nothing is final before it’s live.
- You are responsible for checking that the game works, is easy to use, has actions that make sense, and contains fun gameplay
- Being a beta tester is more like a job than something you do just cause it’s fun
- The beta test is designed to find bugs, issues that have made it past internal testing.
- There will be frequent disconnects, and the realm may be up for a few minutes at a time as new content is added. Do not expect the entire expansion to be available.
- Expect things to be broken, graphics to be missing, or placeholders.
- Instead of complaining out loud or in the chat, report your problem by using the feedback survey or the official beta testing forums, and be constructive!
- You can still give feedback on the quests, zones, dungeons etc even if you don’t find any bugs.
- The more bugs that get reported in the beta, the less there will be when it goes live.
- Bugs may range from art glitches, animation errors, logic errors, level bugs to quest items not working, random dismounts, falling through the world, getting stuck, damage and class/mob balance bugs, lore error and much more. Testing requires creative gameplay to discover often subtle bugs. Some bugs are easy to document, but many require a detailed description so a developer can replicate or find the bug.
- Detail when the bug occurred and how it occurred. The more detail the better. Go back and see if you can cause the bug to occur again.
- Do stuff Blizzard never intended for players to do. Because a player will do so by accident and cause an issue. Players also have ways of doing stuff the developers never thought of doing. It is better that it happens in beta than on live.
- Use the feedback survey, visit and read the official beta forums, follow Blizzard’s updates on what they want you to focus testing on.
- What is your reward? A sense of accomplishment. You helped to polish a game you enjoy. And a sneak peek at the game is the reward for most. But previous beta invites and good feedback can increase your chances of getting picked again.
- Remember that all characters in Blizzard beta tests are wiped from the servers before the final game. Carrying characters over from the beta to the final game would give beta testers an unfair advantage and there are numerous technical issues as the beta client is not the same as the final game version.
Have you ever wanted our Travel Form to look different? Or do you miss the old tree form? Maybe you don’t like the Moonkin Form and wish you didn’t have to be in it? Does it annoy you that you can’t cast healing spells in Moonkin Form?
Then you might like some of the new glyphs which are coming in Mists of Pandaria.
- Glyph of Stars: Moonkin Form ability is replaced with Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but now appearing as an astrally enchanted version of your normal humanoid form.
- Glyph of the Chameleon: Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.
- Glyph of the Orca: Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.
- Glyph of the Stag: Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
- Glyph of the Treant: Allows you to shapeshift into Treant Form. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement slowing effects.
- Glyph of the Moonbeast: You can now cast Healing Touch, Rejuvenation, and Tranquility without canceling Moonkin Form.
- I think this looks very exciting, but I’m not sure which ones I would choose to use. I doubt I’d use Glyph of Stars as I love being a moonkin, but I wonder if they just made us this glyph instead of giving us an updated version/skin of the moonkin which I really want! I hope they will still do that, soon, hopefully for MoP.
- The Glyph of the Chameleon can be fun if you shapeshift a lot between Cat and Bear Form and easily get bored with the same hair color, it’s always fun with a change!
- Finally a change to the Aquatic Form which is sooo outdated that it’s sad, and I use it a lot, so I will definitly get the Glyph of the Orca.
- I like the idea of the Glyph of the Stag cause it would be great in PvP and if you run a lot of raids or dungeons where you can use Travel Form, or at lower levels.
- If having the Glyph of the Treant means all specs will be able to shapeshift out of movement slowing effects, then I will have to get it for PvP. And I wouldn’t mind being a treant, but it doesn’t have any abilities?
- Glyph of the Moonbeast sounds so scary but it will only let you cast heals in Moonkin Form, but I don’t see why I would have that one if it doesn’t give me any bonus healing cause we usually have other healers to heal us in dungeons, raids and PvP.
They’ve also updated with several other druid glyphs
- Glyph of Grace: Feline Grace reduces falling damage even while not in Cat Form.
- Glyph of Nature’s Grasp: Reduces the cooldown of Nature’s Grasp.
- Glyph of Cat Form: Increases healing done to you by X% while in Cat Form.
- Glyph of Claw: Your Claw and Mangle (Cat) attacks reduce the movement speed of the target by X% for 12 sec.
- Glyph of Cyclone: Increases the range of your Cyclone spell by X yards.
- Glyph of the Predator: Your Track Humanoids ability now also tracks beasts.
- Glyph of Shred: While Berserk or Tiger’s Fury is active, Shred and Ravage have no positional requirement.
- Glyph of Fae Silence: Faerie Fire used in Bear Form also silences the target for 3 sec, but triggers a 15 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Skull Bash: Increases the duration of your Skull Bash interrupt by X sec, but increases the cooldown by Y sec.
- Glyph of Master Shapeshifter: Reduces the mana cost of all shapeshifts by X%.
- Glyph of Survival Instincts: Reduces the cooldown of Survival Instincts by X sec, but reduces its duration by Y%.
- Glyph of Might of Ursoc: Increases the health gain from Might of Ursoc by X%, but increases the cooldown by Y min.
- Glyph of Stampeding Roar: Increases the radius of Stampeding Roar by X yards.
What do you think of the new glyphs and which ones will you use?