Yet.. But I will be! There is just so much to do before the release of Warlord of Draenor. I’ve been trying to get an overview of everything I have to do. From things I want to complete in game to things I need to do in real life.
I’m not in the beta, yet, which feels kind of strange because I’ve been in every beta since I started playing in The Burning Crusade. So I have chosen not to read so much about the expansion and not watch any streams or videos of the game. Of course I read some news about it like the new race models, which I can’t wait to see for myself in game, and I’ve read a bit about garrisons and the different zones. I might read up on the class changes of the classes I play the most, resto shaman and balance druid, but I don’t want to know the dungeons, quests, raids because I don’t want to spoil anything, I want to be able to explore the world for myself because I think it’s much more fun, either now in the beta or when it all goes live.
I was at work when they released the cinematic and announced the release date, so I had to stay off Twitter and Facebook till I got home because my boyfriend and I had decided to wait and watch the cinematic together. But he had accidentally seen the release date and he told me to guess. I guessed November and after BlizzCon but I had to guess many times untill I guessed the correct date. November 13! My birthday! Who would have thought. This is the second time they release an expansion on my birthday. It doesn’t really change anything, it’s just a bit fun. But I expect you all to remember to congratulate me on my birthday! Haha! Nah, don’t worry.
- Buy a new computer
- My two-year old Asus G74S laptop is still causing problems and it can be really annoying sometimes. It runs games like WoW and Diablo 3 on high settings without problems, it’s just that sometimes the screen freeze and I have to press the on/off button to reboot. This happens most often after exiting a game, when I tab out from a game or when I just surf the internet. I can’t live with this problem anymore, so I have to send it in for repair and because it might take a while to get it back and I’ve been wanting a new and better computer for a while, I might just as well upgrade for the new expansion. I’m not sure which computer to buy yet or how much I should spend on it. I don’t know much about computers either, what’s good and what’s not, what’s worth putting some extra money into etc. I might just choose one that looks good from Komplett.no because it’s easy and they build it for you. Advise and tips are welcome.
- Fix our gaming room
- We have a gaming room for our desks and computers and we’re planning to buy a new large desk that fits both the computers instead of two small desks as we have now. Some storage space would be great so we might buy a few bookcases. Another thing we need in our gaming room are blackout curtains because the sun shines directly on the computer screens around midday. It would also be great with something on the walls, which are white. Maybe some framed posters from our favorite games, movies or TV shows.
- Work, money, bills and a clean apartment
- I want to work a lot before WoD release and save up money so I don’t have to worry about money and work on the release weekend. And I like everything to be done and finished so I can enjoy the expansion and play all weekend if I want to, so I’ll see that all the bills are paid, the fridge is full and the apartment is clean.
- Pick a date to celebrate my birthday
- I want to celebrate my birthday this year because I haven’t done it in a long time. It won’t be a big party or anything but of course I want my friends and family to able to come, so I have to choose a date that people actually got time. Maybe the Sunday that weekend would fit, because then we’ve had time to play, hopefully we’re level 100 by then.
- Clean up in banks, bags and void storage
- I can’t remember the last time I cleaned my bags and banks, so it’s about time. I’ve got so much stuff taking up space. A lot of transmog gear, pieces of old gear which I don’t even like the look of, things I should sell and things I should go through and store in my bank characters guild bank.
- Find a guild that fits us and our goals inWoD
- My boyfriend and I have discussed it and we would like to raid very casual and in a Scandinavian guild. Normal raids 1-2 times per week in flexible group. It can be an alt raid but we’ll be on our mains. They don’t have to be extremely good but we still want a group that gets through the bosses without too many problems, don’t want to be stuck on the same boss for many hours because some people can’t press the right buttons. It would also be fun if they wanted to progress to a higher difficulty if we beat the easiest one. But we don’t want a raider rank because we won’t always be able to raid because of work etc. We’re actually social in a Scandinavian guild on Kazzak, but I don’t know yet if that’s the guild for us.
- Decide which race I want to be
- I was really looking forward to the updated troll model but when I first saw it I was exactly impressed. I hoped to see something great, more changes to the faces and especially the feet which I find very gross. All the other new race models look amazing, but troll disappointed me. Maybe I had too high expectations. I will check it out on the PTR first and when the patch goes live and then decide, but right now I’m leaning towards race changing to a tauren. I was a tauren before troll, so it won’t be weird, I’ve always loved the tauren.
- Transfer my druid
- Syrco is still stuck on Tarren Mill after we transfered last year to join a guild which later disbanded. So I need to transfer back to Kazzak where I have most of my characters.
- Complete challenge modes
- I’ve never done a single challenge mode. Mostly because I at first didn’t have much time to spare for it and later because I never found a group and then I kind of gave up on it and forgot about it, until Blizzard announced that they’ll be removing the rewards you get from completing them. I would love to get the transmog gear set for my druid and maybe my shaman. But I don’t know anyone who still do challenge modes so I might have to buy a boost.
- I have a few alts I would like to get to level 90 before WoD.
- Choose which character to boost to 90
- I haven’t decided which character to boost yet. To be honest, I don’t really want a boost and I dislike that the expansion costs more because of the free boost, which I don’t need, still I have to pay for it to get the expansion, there is no way around. So I might as well use the boost, but don’t know on which character. I might save it and use it if I suddenly decide I want to play on a different realm, maybe as Alliance and I don’t want to move one of my current characters.
- Pet battles: Celestial Tournament
- I really want to win this tournament! I have tried it before but I didn’t have enough pets or the right pets to win it. But I’ve got plenty of new pets since then so I might have a better shot at it now.
- Collect a full set of enhancement gear on my Horde shaman Tojo
- I’ve really started to enjoy enhancement after leveling an Alliance enhancement shaman and I’ve never really liked elemental. My Horde shaman Tojo is restoration as main spec and I don’t have any dps gear at all. I’ve been using my restoration gear in elemental spec when needed but I would like to collect a full set of enhancement gear so I can dps as enhancement if needed or for soloing in Warlords of Draenor. So I’ve already started gathering a few pieces of gear in Looking For Raid but I still need a lot.
- Complete the legendary cloak quest chain on my Horde shaman Tojo
- I’m so thankful for the Gaze of the Black Prince buff! I was stuck on the Secrets of the Empire quest for a long time because I wasn’t sure if I bothered to finish the quests, but I decided I wanted to do it because there aren’t so many quests left until I actually get the cloak. I just finished collecting the Secrets, did the solo scenario and Nalak. Now I’m on the Echoes of the Titans quest where I have to collect 12 Titan Runestones. Hopefully I’ll finish it next reset.
Looks like I have a lot to do before the release, and I bet there is more I want to do, so I might add more to the list later.