Updating in Mists of Pandaria
The rotation we are used to is Faerie Fire, Insect Swarm, Moonfire, Wrath until Lunar Eclipse, Starfire until Solar Eclipse and always keep Insect Swarm up while in Solar Eclipse and Moonfire in Lunar Eclipse. Starfall on cooldown.
It hasn’t really changed much, so if you’ve been playing moonkin for a while this will be no problem for you to learn. If not you should just go practice at a training dummy and you will have it in no time.
Tips and tricks
- Faerie Fire doesn’t give hit or crit anymore, it’s only an armor debuff, so it will no longer be part of our rotation.
- You want to put up Moonfire before Insect Swarm because Moonfire procs Nature’s Grace and Insect Swarm benefits from it, so you get more ticks.
- Keep up both DoTs and refresh them whenever they fall off, because they can proc Shooting Stars which gives instant Starsurge, even if it is on cooldown.
- Starsurge should always be on cooldown and used whenever Shooting Stars proc.
- Force of Nature (Treants) I always pop in the start of the fight as we engage the boss so I can use them twice and because we usually pop Bloodlust in the start so they get the haste buff.
- AoE: Get Solar Eclipse, spam Sunfire and on all targets while strafing and tabing, put up Insect Swarm also and Wild Mushrooms and detonate. As Solar increases all nature damage your damage will be very high with this rotation, but might take a while and some practise to learn. Read more about how I do it on Maloriak HC adds here.
Force of Nature > Moonfire > Insect Swarm > Wrath > Starsurge > Wrath until Lunar Eclipse, Starsurge whenever Shooting Stars Procs or is off cooldown, refresh DoTs if needed.
Starfall > Moonfire > Insect Swarm > Starsurge > Starfire until Solar Eclipse Starsurge whenever Shooting Stars Procs or is off cooldown, refresh DoTs if needed.
Sunfire > Insect Swarm > Starsurge > Wrath until Lunar Eclipse, Starsurge whenever Shooting Stars Procs or is off cooldown, refresh DoTs if needed.
This is the rotation I’ve tested on the beta and PTR and it works really good for me.