General druid changes
- New specs: Guardian – Bear (tank) Feral – Cat (melee dps)
- Hurricane will have an arcane version which will active when you’re in Lunar Eclipse
Blizzard announced major changes to the talent trees at yesterdays BlizzCon. They weren’t exactly happy with the Cataclysm talent trees because of reasons like there were too many junk talents, not enough choices, cookie cutter builds, not enough customization and risk of skipping talents. I totally agree with all of this and after seeing the changes and talent panel I think it looks much better.
- No talent points or rank
- One talent tree per class
- You earn talents every 15 levels
- Every tier of talents have 3 talents, you can only pick one and can’t go back to get the other ones
- There will be no mandatory talent or cookie cutter build
- Changing talents will be as easy as changing glyphs
Tier 1 – Level 15: Movement, PvP
- Feline Swiftness: Increases your movement speed by 10% and by an additional 20% whilst in Cat Form.
- Displacer Beast: Teleports the Druid up to 20 yards in a random direction, purging all periodic damage effects and providing stealth for 10 sec. Attacking or taking damage cancels this effect. Using this ability activates Cat Form.
- Tireless Pursuit: Removes all roots and snares, and increases movement speed by 70% while in Cat Form for 15 sec. Does not break prowling. Using this ability activates Cat Form.
Tier 2 – Level 30: Healing
- Nature’s Swiftness: When activated, your next Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, Nourish, Rebirth, or Regrowth becomes instant, free and castable in all forms. The healing and duration of the spell is increased by 50%.
- Renewal: Instantly heals the druid for 30% of maximum health. Usable in all shapeshift forms.
- Cenarion Ward: Protects a friendly target, causing any damage taken to heal the target for 2660 every 2 sec for 6 sec. Gaining the healing effect consumes the Cenarion Ward. Usable in all shapeshift forms. Lasts 30 sec.
Tier 3 – Level 45: CC
- Faerie Swarm: Decreases the target’s armor by 12% for 5 min and reduces the target’s movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. While affected, the target cannot stealth or turn invisible. Deals 49 damage when cast from Bear form. Usable in all shapeshift forms, but incurs a 6 second cooldown whilst in Bear Form or Cat Form.
- Mass Entanglement: Roots all enemies within 12 yards of the destination for 8 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Cannot be cast while in Bear Form or Cat Form.
- Typhoon: Summons a violent Typhoon that strikes targets in front of the caster within 30 yards, knocking them back and dazing them for 6 sec. Usable in all shapeshift forms.
Tier 4 – Level 60: Special abilities/CDs depending on form
- Wild Charge: Grants a movement ability that varies by shapeshift form. Non-shapeshifted: Fly to an ally’s position and your next healing spell costs no mana. Bear Form: Charge to an enemy, immobilizing them and granting you 30% haste. Moonkin Form: Bound backward and gain 20 Lunar or Solar energy, whichever is more beneficial to you.
- Incarnation: Activates a superior shapeshifting form appropriate to your specialisation for 30 sec. Feral: King of the Jungle. Improved cat form which allows the use of all abilities which normally require stealth, and allows the use of Prowl while in combat. Restoration: Tree of Life. Tree of Life form that increases armour by 120% and enhances Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Regrowth, Entangling Roots, and Wrath spellcasts.
- Force of Nature: Summons 3 treants to assist in the Druid’s current combat role. Treant capabilities vary by specialization. Usable in all shapeshift forms.
Tier 5 – Level 75: CC
- Demoralizing Roar: The Druid roars, disorienting all enemies within 10 yards for 4 sec. Using this ability activates Bear Form.
- Ursol’s Vortex: Conjure a vortex of wind that pulls all enemies within 15 yards toward your own location. Usable in all shapeshift forms.
- Bear Hug: Melee attack that stuns the target and deals 10% of the Druid’s health in damage every 1 sec for 3 sec. Effect cancelled if the Druid moves away, attacks, or takes any other action. Using this ability activates Bear Form.
Tier 6 – Level 90: Hybrid and shapeshifting
- Heart of the Wild: Dramatically improves the Druid’s ability to serve combat roles outside of normal specialization for 45 sec. Balance: Healing spells generate Lunar or Solar Energy and benefit from Lunar and Solar Eclipse. In addition, grants 50% of Intellect as Agility, 100% of hit rating as expertise rating, and increases armour by 95% while in Bear Form. Feral: Grants 50% of Agility as Intellect, increases Hit Rating by 100%, and increase Armor by 95% whilst in Bear Form. In addition, regenerates 2% of maximum Mana every 5 sec.
- Master Shapeshifter: Improves the Druid’s effectiveness at briefly switching between forms. Your melee abilities increase your spell damage by 10% and your non-instant spellcasts increase your attack power by 10%. Both effects stack up to 3 times and last 15 sec. Each ability used which benefits from one of these effects consumes one application of that effect.
- Disentanglement: Shapeshifting now removes roots. In addition, shifting into a form heals the Druid for 20% of maximum health. This heal cannot be received more often than once every 30 sec.