Ready for 4.0.1 and Cataclysm?
Today Blizzard officially announced that Cataclysm will be released on December 7. And the 4.0.1 patch will most likely be here next week and many things like achievements will become feasts of strength and be unable to achieve. One would think that I with all my spare time already had done all this, but no, I completely forgot about it or I just didn’t believe the patch and Cataclysm was that close.
I read this article on WoW Insider and it got me thinking, so now I sit here with one week left and several half-done achievements. Not that it’s very important to me, just annoying to almost have them complete. The ones I really wish I had are Conqueror and Champion of Ulduar cause I only need a few of the easy bosses to get them, I just didn’t think they would get removed, but of course they will now when I think about it. None will die on those bosses with all that gear and new abilities.
Same with the Immortal and Undying, I would love to have them on my current main which I believe will be my main in Cataclysm. I’m not a person who goes after achievement points or want to achieve everything, but I would really like to have these things before they get removed and I feel I also deserve some of them cause I’ve spent so much time there, in Ulduar and Naxxramas but always been unlucky and never gotten those achievements.
I also wish I had the ZG raptor mount on my druid, but I have done ZG so many times and never seen it drop, and I have the tiger, so maybe I should be happy. But I don’t think I’m far from exalted with the tribe, so maybe I’ll finish that achievement.
But things I’m looking forward to with 4.0.1 are:
- The new eclipse mechanic for us druids, you can read more about It and see screenshots of it in this post.
- Reforging because with all these new class changes and spirit gives hit and my gear already has enough hit, I will be far over cap and can easily turn some of the hit into for example haste, crit or mastery.
- New talent trees: Yes, I love the new balance tree! I love the new spells and talents! As my character on the beta isn’t a premade and it has been hard to gear up for heroics, I haven’t been able to test everything I wanted to test, so looking forward to test it on live. I just can’t wait! Hope my love for balance druid will grow bigger and I will think “Yes, of course I wanna stay moonkin in Cataclysm!”
- Improved graphics on water and lava, this is a big improvement from the old graphics, now it will look like real water and lava!
- Spell alerts to notify procs: Never figured out to use the addon which does this, but this new built-in spell alert doesn’t need any customization and works for procs like Nature’s Grace and Shooting Stars around the character and the spell will be highlighted on the action bar.
- Text when leveling up to tell you when new talents, spells and abilities are available. Used an addon for this before.
The full patch notes can be found here.
When Cataclysm hits more will be changed and removed, I don’t have a list, and there might be some other things I have to do before, but I’ll find out. The biggest changes will be the world of Azeroth. It will change so much, in good and bad ways. The changes look amazing, but I’ll miss old Azeroth so much cause I have so many memories from back in those days I leveled my first character and explored the zones for the first time. But it’s good that they finally make some changes to the old world, as content changes, and the level increases the world should be changed too, just logical.