I think it looks better now, the color at least, but the spell looks very small, like a Wrath, or lazor beam(!), wish it was more like a Frostfire Bolt but blue/purple. And why is it green on impact? Looks like a Wrath when it hits the target.
Here are the other balance druid changes in build 12857:
- Hurricane base damage increased by 33%.
- Innervate now regenerate mana equal to 20% of the casting Druid’s maximum mana pool, down from 33%.
- Starsurge now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Entangling Roots now has a 2 sec cast time, up from 1.5 sec.
- Starfall now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards. Base damage increased by 33%.
- Lunar Shower now increases damage done by your Moonfire by 15/30/45% (Up from 2/4/8%)
- Force of Nature now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Solar Beam now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Lunar Guidance no longer increases the radius of your Solar Beam.
- Moonglow now reduces the mana cost of all your damage and healing spells.
- Nature’s Majesty now increases the critical strike chance with all spells.
Innervate is now based on YOUR mana, not the target’s mana. GC specifically stated this makes Innervate useless for Ferals, as they do not want Ferals helping Healers in their mana management.
That’s not actually what I said. I said that we wanted Feral’s Innervate to be less powerful than Balance and Restoration, because we don’t want “stack Ferals” to be the solution for healers who overheal a lot. Your Innervate will still be valued (probably more valued, all things considered), but it won’t be and shouldn’t be the magic pill that gets you a raid slot.
The Eclipse bar got an update:
Here some pictures of what it looks like with no eclipse, Solar eclipse and Lunar eclipse.
So Hurricane base damage is increased by 33% and with Gale Winds which gives 30%, the damage will be 63% more than what it is for me now on live, cause I don’t have Gale Winds.
I noticed my Innervate is much weaker and doesn’t help me very much. It still has a 3 min CD, and at the moment on beta I go oom really fast and take a lot of damage cause the mobs hit like trucks and sometimes I have to pop out of moonkin form and heal, then back in to DPS. And it takes sooo long to drink up 42k mana between each fight cause the water I found is level 75 water. Maybe there is level 80 water somewhere hmm…
Starsurge, Solar Beam and Force of Nature, just got their range increased like all the other spells, same with Starfall, but it also got a damage increase by 33%. I didn’t really notice this on the beta, it still feels like Starfall does less damage than what it used to do and what it does on live (without 30% ICC buff).
But the range is annoying when leveling cause there are always many mobs in the area and I’m so used to just pop Starfall all the time, but now all the level 84 mobs come running and I die. It’s also so annoying to die, cause the ghost form, you know when you fly on that little mount back to where you died, the speed of it is sooooo slow, slower than what you would run.
Lunar Shower got a very nice buff. 15/30/45% increased damage on Moonfire is a lot.
My current spec looks like this and I will put the next two in Furor. But maybe I should have gotten Moonglow cause I go so oom from all this mob killing and self-healing.
What do you think of the new Starsurge and the other updates?